Verified Reviewer

Junior Reviewer
2.7

Update by user Aug 23, 2020

My review hasn’t resolved anything

Original review posted by user Aug 23, 2020

I have won several items on an auction with no reserve. Upon winning and posting payment , days go by only to find that I have been refunded my funds with Tophatter credit.

The sellers refund reason is that they are out of stock!!!! Meanwhile they are still auctioning the same product day after day. Tablet the seller refunds my purchase to me because I won the item for 4 dollars, were the average price on other of his auctions are selling between 10 to 18 dollars. That tells me that his refund is due to the fact of me paying only 4 dollars.

An auction with no reserve means the highest bidder wins, but no the seller Tablet then is basically setting his price and using the out of stock reason for a refund. What *** me of more is that Tophatter provides one with Tophatter credit instead of returning the money to its original form of payment!!!!

I the customer should be the one to decide what and were I want my funds to go.!!!! If you were to go to my order page you can see a few items I purchased at a low cost, were then the seller refunds my money Tophatter forcing me to spend my hard earned money on items that I really dont need or desire.

User's recommendation: Upon refund give me the option we’re I want my credit to go. Second Tophatter should not allow sellers to refund a customer on the excuse that their out of stock yet they are still selling the product the same day. I’m getting ready to give these issues using the media and other sites that new customers use.

Tophatter Pros: Dont get to talk to a human, Good prices but lack customer services, Diversity of products.

Tophatter Cons: Lousy customer service, Customer should have first say on were to refunds are applied to, Broken or doesnt work, Letting sellers refund on fake out of stock reasons.

Comments