1.1K views
Resolved
1.2
Turnaround Time

Update by user Jan 19

Tophatter paid the money back into my PayPal account after many phone calls and emails.

Original review posted by user Jan 19

I bought (biddedon and won) a bracelet advertised as genuine sterling silver for $19 plus $7 postage. Unfortunately, This bracelet was cheap costume jewellery that would cost $5 at most in a costume jewellery shop in Australia.

I complained that they used false advertising and the site should be made to advertise truthfully. I was asked to return product to a Chinese address with a tracking number. To do this would have cost $21 plus the packaging to send it back in, and then they would refund my $26. I mailed the parcel back standard post which cost $ 3.50 economy and sent them the parcel number.

They refused to pay as there was no tracking number. I notified PayPal, who really did nothing as I had already sent it back. They said I should of notified them (PayPal) first. I bought to PayPals attention that they say to try and work things out with the seller before contacting Paypal, which I had done.

Eventually after sending pictures to Tophatter of the jewellery and pictures of the bracelet and postal receipt and number they reimbursed my money through PayPal. Looking on the site where I purchased the bracelet, I can still see the seller advertising his items and this specific bracelet as genuine sterling silver. Tophatter does not make the sellers that use this site be made accountable and truthful in their business dealings. They have this bracelet as being marked down from over $500 to buy now for $40.

It is fake cosmetic jewellery. So I wonder how many others have been defrauded of their hard earned cash by this false advertising!

Review about: Bracelet.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments