Verified Reviewer

1.3

Update by user Jun 17, 2020

By the way, the phone # is a waste! **They finally emailed me yesterday morning, They put both accounts together and a *** email would be sent to reset my password.

NO email yet, and I sent 3 emails too. I am through with them, I will contact my bank, Federal Trade Commission, and BBB.

Original review posted by user Jun 16, 2020

My issue is with Tophatter.com which is a 'bidding website' and unfortunately I tried it out and was addicted immediately, and I spent more money than planned. I did bid for items and ordered many things.

Initially, I never had to log in, as it took me right to my account.

After 5 weeks bidding I opened the app, and I was asked for my password, which I entered multiple times and I know it was the right one, but I had to click 'forgot password' and a link to reset password would be sent to my email yet it never comes, I tried this step many times in the last week with all disappointing results, I also searched everywhere for a way to contact them and did find one, help@***.com so I sent an email, stating my issues, and still no response. There is really something wrong with the company.

Now I am getting pretty scared as I am disabled and have to be housebound from the start of pandemic. Just a few days ago, I started a new account so I could email them under button 'contact us'.

I did get a response right away, but all it was showing how to get info on the bidding site. I am really getting frustrated, scared and anxious, especially since I have many items I'm waiting to get status on as they are all paid for.

User's recommendation: Bad company to work with, they are NOT consumer kind, there are so many negative reasons. Just don't go there!

Preferred solution: Let me back in to my account so i can see what is missing from my orders, then we will see. Also, YES an apology goes a long way, but I don't think this co has what it takes to be a customer first and we are what keeps them going..

Tophatter Pros: It is fun to bid, There are no pros.

Tophatter Cons: Customer service, Way issues are not resolved, Product misrepresentation, Too many complaints, Tophatter has caused way to much stress.

Comments

#2005085

I have had nothing but great service from Tophatter support. I also combined two accounts with no problem.

Tophatter Reviews