1.5
Turnaround Time
Poster decreased review rating.

I am a seller on Tophatter. I am reading reviews of buyers who have spent "hundreds"...funny because my items only ever sell for a dollar or two.

Tophatter makes us start auctions at $1. Most sell for that dollar. add 5 bucks for shipping (6 dollars total) Fees from that Six dollar transaction break down like this: .50 success fee (your auction sold so they charge this) 1.80 (30% of the transaction) .48 (3% of the transaction + .30 cents payment process fee) 2.57 (First Class shipping label) --------- $5.35 - 6.00 (total transaction) = .65 cents to cover cost of goods sold, postal supplies, time, gas to post office, etc. What can you buy for .65 cents???

Sellers are in the hole with every 6.00 transaction. So, we are giving away gifts like crazy and paying Tophatter to allow us to send our items to buyers. Most sellers are from China. They waY wAY WAY over-inflate MSRP ($1200 for a palatte of eyeshadow) have free postage, send out horrible junk that takes weeks to arrive, and it costs way too much to return items to them, they have a HUGE advantage over USA sellers, like me, who pre-order items, inspect things to make sure they are decent quality, and ship from USA.

Buyers can open a dispute for ANY reason and get a refund. Tophatter refunds the buyer without making them return the item. Sellers are constantly getting stolen from. Tophatter STEALS from its sellers in this manner.

They allow buyers to keep items meanwhile refunding them in full and deducting it from seller accounts. Sellers do not get a say in whether the item gets returned. This happens over and over again. Buyer opens dispute, "item no longer wanted" Tophatter refunds buyer and allows them to keep the item that is no longer wanted.

UNREAL! This has to be illegal!!

Reason of review: Abuse and stealing from sellers.

Preferred solution: Stop the ridiculous return policies, lower fees. You guys are thieves..

Comments

#1419866

From all the reviews I've read, it sounds like Tophatter is taking customer refunds from sellers. But, not refunding customers.

user42502454

Won't be a customer much longer, they were out of stock of an iPad and emailed me that they would refund my money and nothing has been credits to my account. I have talked to my represenitives of my cardholder and they assured me that they took out the money they owe.

They are thieves that's all I can say. Give my money back.

WHY are YOU a Seller then ?

to Anonymous #1407627

I won't be for much longer. I was hoping things would get better if I hung in there...

I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess! ;)